Resources during COVID-19
As of May 18, Ventura County is in Phase 2 of a 4 stage process of reopening. Religious services will be considered for reopening in Phase 3. Read more about the phases of reopening California here: https://covid19.ca.gov/roadmap/
Testing for COVID-19 ("coronavirus") in Ventura County
COVID-19 Testing: No cost covid-19 testing is offered for all community members at two state locations in our County. Please register by calling 1-888-634-1123 or online at www.lhi.care/covidtesting.
Hours of operation are Monday through Friday 8 am to 8 pm.
1) Oxnard Performing Arts Center, 800 Hobson Way, Oxnard, CA 93030
2) Thousand Oaks Library – Newbury Park Branch, 2331 Borchard Road, Newbury Park, CA 91320
- Southeast Ventura County YMCA will be distributing funds to individuals and families throughout Ventura County. Register for relief funds through Ventura County Community Foundation's Rapid Response site.
- Apply for benefits through the California EDD if you have lots hours at work, have been laid off, are taking time off work to care for children because of school closings, or if you or a loved one you care for have or have been exposed to COVID-19 and are in quarantine.
- Career One Stop provides employment and unemployment resources. Learn more
- Connect to the Supplemental Nutrition Program (SNAP) if you are experiencing food insecurity through CalFresh. SSI/SSDI recipients may also be eligible. Apply here.
Mental Health & Emotional Wellness
- Give An Hour is available to help support mental health and emotional wellness needs in our community as it responds to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Information and Resources, National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI)
- Coronavirus Update: Mental Health Tips, Public Health News and Resources, National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI)
- Managing Anxiety & Stress, Center for Disease Control and Prevention
- 7 science-based strategies to cope with coronavirus anxiety, The Conversation
- Apps to manage mental health and emotional health (courtesy of Mental Health Services in LA County).
- California Peer-Run Warm Line, Mental Health Association of San Francisco
- Self-Help Support Groups, Share!
- Community Connections in Times of Physical Separation, Each Mind Matters
- Teens Helping Teens, Teen Line Online
- Wellness: https://www.wellnesseveryday.org/coping-during-coronavirus
- Coping with stress: https://habits.vcbh.org/
- Early morning grocery hours available for seniors at numerous stores in our community!
- If you are feeling isolated or alone, contact the Senior Support Line at (800) 235-9980.
- How to Fight the Social Isolation of Coronavirus, AARP
- Online AA meetings: “The only requirement for member in Alcoholics Anonymous is a desire to stop drinking.” Open to the public; online registration and sign-in is required. Click here.
- Online Meetings Directory: AA Groups for men, women, GLBT, deaf/hard of hearing, blind and visually impaired, other groups. Click here.
- Overview of resources available to homeless men, women and families during the pandemic courtesy of VC Emergency
Resources for Kids/Teens
- Taking Care of Your Family During Coronavirus and Other Emerging Infectious Disease Outbreaks
- Supporting Homebound Children During the COVID-19 Outbreak
- Child Mind Institute: Supporting Families during COVID-19
- Facebook Live video chats with expert clinicians daily at 10am and 4:30pm
- Daily Tips as well as links to resources for help with managing anxiety and discipline and behavior
- PBS: How to talk to Your Kids about COVID-19
- Tips, videos & resources. Appropriate for preschool and early elementary age school children. Includes links to appropriate episodes and videos of Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood, Sesame Street, Curious George and Super Why.
- NPR Just For Kids: A Comic Exploring The New Coronavirus
- Appropriate for parents to read with their elementary age school children (and older!)
- A Mini Comic Book for Children Explaining the Coronavirus
Ventura County Information
VC Emergency site with resources regarding COVID-19.
State of California Updates
California Department of Public Health COVID-19 updates
Information from our Diocese of LA
- Read more about the response from the Diocese of Los Angeles here.
- Episcopal churches who are livestreaming services throughout our diocese.