Jan. 6, 2022 - RESPONDING TO THE CURRENT SURGE OF COVID-19
Dear Friends in Christ,
I'm sure you are all aware of the increase in cases related to the Omicron Variant of COVID-19. We know so many people who are currently sick or have recently been exposed. Every day we hear of more.
So, again, we ask ourselves
What does LOVE look like in this situation?
Bishop Taylor has asked that we carefully consider our options and do what is best for our communities. Based on the information shared with clergy today, and conversations with our staff, congregation and advisory team, the following decisions have been made.
HERE'S WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
- We will not have Sunday School or Choir for the remainder of January. We hope to have them back in February.
- The Baptism and Epiphany Pageant scheduled for 1/9 have been cancelled and will be moved to a more appropriate time.
- Services will be livestreamed, and members encouraged to attend online.
- The Sanctuary will remain open with increased distance between worshippers. Those who attend in-person must be healthy, have no recent exposure and be willing to risk gathering indoors.
- Those who are in a high-risk category, or haven't been vaccinated, should worship digitally.
- Those who attend will be asked to comply with the bishop's request that we reduce, discourage and scale back on congregational singing in order to reduce potential spread.
- Everyone on St. Paul's campus is required to wear a mask at all times, indoors and outdoors. Surgical and N95 masks are recommended as cloth masks may not offer as much protection from the Omicron Strain.
I pray that things will improve soon. Please, take seriously your calling to be a living example of what LOVE looks like, and help in any way you can to protect yourself and your neighbors.
If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know. I'm always happy to hear from you.
Yours in Christ,
The Rev. Susan Bek
Rector, St. Paul's Episcopal Church Ventura
To Contact the Church Office: [email protected] or (805) 643-5033
To Contact Rev. Susan: [email protected]
To view our services online: