Holy Week and Easter Services 2021
Join us for our second sacred season in pandemic, where we will be gathering together online to celebrate Holy Week and the glory of the resurrection in Easter.
Palm Sunday 3/28
- 10am Online Prayers for Healing
- Watch St. Paul's specially recorded Palm Sunday service with music, Liturgy of the Palms and Passion Gospel on YouTube or Facebook Live at 10:15am.
Holy Tuesday 3/30
6:30pm Prayer Service - Join us via Zoom to pray especially for those affected by COVID-19 and for those who have died.
Meeting ID: 875 1106 4296
Holy Wednesday 3/31
- Join Rev. Liz for the Liturgy of Healing service Wednesday in Holy Week at 9am. Requests for prayer may be left in the comments for our prayer team and others to lift prayers and send love.
Maundy Thursday, 4/1
Playlist will be released early on the morning of 4/1 via YouTube
We will have a series of videos for you for watch at your own pace that will be released on YouTube early on Maundy Thursday. Each focuses on a different one of our beloved Maundy Thursday traditions. View them at your convenience. Please share them with your friends and family. God bless you this Maundy Thursday and always!
- Agape Meal - Special prayers and directions for a meal on Maundy Thursday is provided in the Book of Occasional Services. A meatless meal is to be preferred. The setting should be austere and the foods sparse and simple. Appropriate foods include soup, cheese, olives, dried fruit, bread, and wine. In this video, Rev. Liz will share this practice and the beautiful traditional blessings with you so that you can do it at home with your family if you'd like. You can find the blessings on page 84 here: Book of Occasional Services
- Footwashing - Rev. Susan will lead us through a beautiful visualization of Jesus washing our feet and then sending us out to go and do the same. How would you feel? What difference would it make in your life? Don't let the fact that we're sheltering at home and cannot be together this Maundy Thursday, keep you from experiencing this powerful tradition for yourself. Come, let Jesus wash your feet.
- Stripping of the Altar and Keeping the Watch - The final video in the series offers you the opportunity to remember what happened after Jesus sat with his disciples at the Last Supper. It shows the traditions of Stripping the Altar and Keeping the Watch that we have kept for years and years at St. Paul's, Ventura. This year, we are under a Stay at Home order so we cannot keep watch in the church. We can, however, keep watch in our homes and in our hearts. This video features the wonderful talent of soloist, Diego Magaña, and organist, Sara Edwards.
- How Beautiful are the Feet musical offering by St. Paul's Choir member Amy Schaffer.
Playlist for Good Friday on YouTube
Stations of the Cross - We are offering again this year Stations of the Cross with Rev. Liz. Join us for this beautiful presentation! It feature the amazing work of artist Janet McKenzie's Stations of the Cross with inspiring and thought provoking words from Joan Chittester. Narrated by our own Rev. Liz Williams, you can choose to watch the version with beautiful music accompanying the reflections or with just the reflections.
Were You There? - A Good Friday musical offering from St. Paul's Music Ministry in Ventura, CA. Choir member Laura Andrews will perform this song as our soloist.
Good Friday offerings benefit the Episcopal Diocese of Jerusalem and the Middle East as they advocate for policies that will help Christians, and all people, in the Holy Land. Donations may be given via our website www.saintpaulsventura.org Click on "Donate" to give.
Great Easter Vigil / Holy Saturday 4/3
Join with the Diocese of Los Angeles at 8pm (PT) for the Great Easter Vigil service. The liturgy for the Great Easter Vigil is one of the most beautiful and significant of the seasons. Hosted by the Church of Our Saviour and presented by the Diocese of Los Angeles, Bishop John Taylor will celebrate Easter Vigil for us this year! You will be able to watch it on the Diocese's YouTube or Facebook Live.
Join us for a Beautiful Online Easter Service
In-Person Easter Eucharist at St. Paul's Pavilion
HOW TO ACCESS THESE VIDEOS
Click the links above. All videos will be posted to our YouTube page and updated on this post. Some will also be presented via Facebook Live. We hope you'll watch, comment and join with as in whatever ways you can.
St. Paul's YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/stpaulsventura
St. Paul's Website: www.saintpaulsventura.org/live/
St. Paul's Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/saintpaulsventura
St. Paul's Email: [email protected]
Please, share our offerings with your family and friends! All are welcome!